Welcome to Gleeditions.com (Glee’ dish-uns). A group of professors and instructional technologists with 34 years in academic publishing, the team is best known for its enduring, award-winning Literature and Its Times series (15 vols., published by Gale). For the past eight years, it has been engaged in the development, publication, and field-testing of Gleeditions, a highly endorsed website featuring recommended editions of great literature online.
Gleeditions Guided Literary E-text Editions. Interactive, digital editions of great world literature,
annotated for seven literary elements and illuminated by concise, well-illustrated historical context.
Also featured on the site is a video library of premium clips. Including dramatic adaptations and readings of great literary works, it covers the site’s e-texts and extends beyond them to other acclaimed literary titles.
Gleeditions Advisory Panel
- Robert Watson, Distinguished Professor, UCLA
- Michael J. Allen, Distinguished Professor, UCLA
- James Kincaid, Professor Emeritus, USC; Adjunct Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- Robert Gurval, Associate Professor, UCLA
- Howard Eiland, Lecturer, MIT
- Julia Prewitt Brown, Professor, Boston University
- Carol Jago, 2010 President, NCTE; Director, Calif. Reading and Literature Project, UCLA
- Martin Griffin, Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Victor Fisher, Editor, Mark Twain Project, UC Berkeley
- Karen E. Rowe, Professor, UCLA
Principals on the Gleeditions LLC Development Team
- Joyce Moss, Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA English; Masters, USC Instructional Technology
- George Spanos, CSULB Computer Science
- Diane Mannone, Assistant Professor, ELAC
- Lisa Granados, Adjunct Professor, ELAC
- A mix of international symbols:
Behind this site is a firm belief in the value of looking at the various aspects of a text to comprehend its artistry and
the ideas it conveys. There is, of course, more than one way to analyze or interpret a text. The site does not presume to be definitive. It does, on the
other hand, provide tools that contribute to and help stimulate analysis and mastery of the given text. Although
Gleeditions LLC relies on a highly regarded team of experienced scholars who specialize in the field, we, the developers,
realize that other approaches are as legitimate as ours. Readers with new or different ways of looking at a text, which
are supportable by reference to that text, have our hearty encouragement. We are all part of the same enlightening process.